Mercury Retrograde will soon be upon us - here's my thoughts!
Mercury Retrograde is a time of year that often leaves people feeling out of sorts. We have one beginning on 10th May 10th which will run to June 2nd, we are currently in the shadow phase leading up to it.
Mercury Retrogrades get a bad press, things like mood changes, technology going haywire, and communication becoming difficult are often discussed and linked with it. Mercury Retrograde can be a challenging time, but with a little understanding of what it is and how to deal with it, you can make the most of this astrological phenomenon!
While for some it may be a source of frustration, we can use it as a period to take stock and slow down. Take time for some reflection and inner work and reevaluate any plans you may have ensuring they are for your highest good, and what you want to do. If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed try to take some time for yourself to relax and recharge.
This is why I love working with the moon cycles and planets, it's not the impact their movements and energies are having on me but it's the invaluable celestial reminders to check in and revisit dreams, intentions and goals ensuring they are still in line with what I want, and if they aren't to make the necessary changes. They ensure I make time for me, to release, forgive prioritise and to nurture my mind, body and soul.
There are a few things you can do to help you make the most of Mercury Retrograde:
- Check in with yourself and how you're feeling. If you're feeling off, try to take some time for yourself to relax and recharge.
- Be extra mindful of your words and actions. Mercury Retrograde is a time when communication can be difficult, so try to be as clear as possible.
- If you can, avoid making any big decisions during this time. Mercury Retrograde is a time of reflection, so it's best to wait until it's over before making any major life changes.
- Take some time to review your plans and goals. Make sure they're still in line with what you want, and if they're not, make the necessary changes.
- Mercury Retrograde is a perfect time to focus on you, so make sure you take advantage of it!
Finally, don't use it as an excuse not to accept responsibility when things go wrong, Mercury may be Retrograde but shit happens throughout the year let's deal with it in the best way we can!
I highly recommend following Yasmin Boland, Moonology author for more information!